Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bloomin' Apps--Apps to Promote Higher Order Thinking Skills



Ever since I received an iPad through a TTU instructional technology grant, I have been searching for apps that I can use in the classroom. This past spring, my GERM 3020 students used my garageband app to record and produce radio Werbespots for major German cities. We listened to a variety of authentic Werbespots before we analyzed what they all believe an effective Werbespot required. I envisioned this project as a pure creation exercise to fulfill my presentational mode requirements, and garageband certainly helped us in that regard. Still, I wanted to discover apps that could help my students on all levels of thinking skills...and today I just found a great resource. I plan to download all of these apps for the upcoming semester. I only wish there were some sort of guide about best practices with these apps, but some of them seem clearly analogous to the taxonomy.

http://www.schrockguide.net/bloomin-apps.html

Which have you used? Which do you find the most helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment