Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

101 Proficiency Review

For 101 students, it can be easy to overlook how much they have learned, especially during the semester when they are trying to master a seemingly endless list of new vocabulary and grammar. That's why during the last days of my 101 course, I decided I needed a way to stress to my students how much they had already mastered. What better way is there than having them reflect in groups? 

I also designed this to be a self- and peer assessment exercise. While compiling their lists, students asked others and themselves if they could achieve the objectives they listed. After the assignment, one student told me that she was surprised how certain objectives were built upon other objectives [e.g., expressing what one likes to do and why]. 



GERM 1010 Objectives-Proficiencies Fall 10

No comments:

Post a Comment