Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Schau mal! Google Releases Streetviews of Hamburg's Miniatur Wunderland




While reading one of my favorite technology blogs this morning (gizmodo), I learned that Google shrunk down one of its Streetview cars and drove it through the detailed dioramas of the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg. This is all the more exciting for me because, when I last visited Hamburg on a Tennessee Tech study abroad trip led by a colleague, I did not have time to view the Miniatur Wunderland, which I didn't mind because the price of admission seemed high at the time.

One of my best students GERM 1010 is a model train/landscape enthusiast and I am sure he will find this interesting. He's also planning on traveling to Germany this spring break through Tennessee Tech, but the trip won't take him to Hamburg this time. Schade!

I wonder if I can manage to integrate this into my German language classes somehow. The spectacle of Oktoberfest might be useful in the classroom.

Check out all the Streetviews here

No comments:

Post a Comment